Search This Blog

Saturday 16 July 2011

To plan or not to plan, that is the question!

Some writers methodically plan their stories out, others fly by the seat of their pants! I have to say I am asked this question a lot and I always reply both! I fly methodically!

When I get an initial idea, I love pant seat flying! Methodical planning when I’m in this kind of mood inhibits my creative flow, so I’ll write and write and write, up to 6000 words a day!

But sometimes you’ve got to try and gain control of creativity otherwise it doesn’t always make a whole lot of sense.

When starting my writing day I always read through what I wrote last. And more often than not there are a lot of mistakes and sometimes what I’ve created and thought was utterly amazing isn’t even comprehensible! At this point planning can help creativity!  

No comments:

Post a Comment