Search This Blog

Tuesday 11 September 2012

Fantastic weekend in Dumfries and Galloway!

Here's a copy of my email to Sarah Cowan at Education Services, Dumfries and Galloway Council.


Hi Sarah
I really did had a fantastic time over the weekend! And I hope to visit lots of D&G schools soon! Your children are so talented!
One highlight was during Sunday’s session for older children where I read from my book Sam Marsh: The Viking King and Sam Marsh and the Battle of the Cloudships. One of the participants was 14, very unenthusiastic, and to quote his own words ‘I don’t know why I’m here!” Well, he sat spellbound during the reading, contributed fully to the discussion and wrote a fantastic story of his own! Just one example of how inspiration isn’t restricted by age!
Another example of this was the awesome impression of a T-Rex roaring by a dad at Stranraer library! The children were frightened, other parents scared, and I was soooo terrified!
D&G is a gorgeous area and the awesome hard work and effort put in by you organisers should inspire other areas across the whole of the UK to REDISCOVER Literacy! Well done. Please invite me back next year! 

No comments:

Post a Comment